How Ishant Sharma fares against Matthew Hayden will go a long way in deciding the fate of the match between Kolkata Knight Riders and Team Chennai on Saturday. Hayden, of course, is aware of the Ishant threat and he has started making his preparations.
"Ishant has just carried on from where he left off in Australia. He is a fine bowler and I've to be careful against him," Hayden told TOI.
He is also well-aware that the Knight Riders, who have Ricky Ponting in their ranks, will make special preparations against him.
"Yes, Ricky knows about my game. But then, the Indians always make their preparations against me," he added. He also added that it's the youngsters in the team who push him. "I know I have to survive playing cricket. The more the competition, the more I enjoy the game," he said.